Stepping into my leadership

1. Dear Carol,

Your post was SO timely today. I am stepping into my leadership from the opposite side – high achieving professional mom and not-confident/qualified professional entrepreneur and business leader in my emerging field. I just had a call yesterday that brought this to light and here came your funny, wise and humorous post that let’s all of us see ourselves clearly and empowered. Funny and wise…my favorite flavors!

Mary Welty-Dapkus December 5, 2012 at 8:55 am #
    • I’m so glad you resonated with this blog… This one is coming deep inside of me. And I really get the opposite side of the picture!Good luck and light with your enterprise!

Carole Levy December 5, 2012 at 9:31 am #
  2. Carole! Your way with words and cartoon reaches me, teaches me and makes me laugh at MYSELF and you can join me in that! Thank you for continuing to create. Thank you Big Boss for giving latitude to Carole to create for all of us! TT

Tamara December 5, 2012 at 9:33 am #
  3. Bravo chère sorcière Carole!
    Tiens bien le manche!
    Bise,
    Pierre

Gauthier December 5, 2012 at 10:24 am #
    • Je voulais faire une blague sur le fait que voyager en balai volant ce n’est probablement pas moins inconfortable que de voyager en classe Economy sur United Airlines… Mais il faut savoir lâcher des blagues pour faire un bon blog!

Carole Levy December 5, 2012 at 10:31 am #
  4. Very wise cartoon, Carole. Merci.

Shayne December 5, 2012 at 12:14 pm #
  5. Dear Carole,
    I’ve heard someone say that we are all both broken and whole at the same time. The art and the struggle seems to be in coming to terms with that. Your post is perfect, the art is great, it made me laugh out loud–and I love your red shoes!!
    xoxo,
    Robin

Robin P. December 5, 2012 at 12:36 pm #
    • I’m glad you noticed the red shoes… Thanks for your comment that brings another light to my thoughts. Very useful!

Carole Levy December 5, 2012 at 12:44 pm #
  6. Love your creative genius – as always you capture so beautiful our fragile human hearts and egos!

Laura Gates December 5, 2012 at 1:18 pm #
    • … and thank you for helping me editing this one 10 000 times…

Carole Levy December 5, 2012 at 1:20 pm #
  7. J’adore!!! Tu laches toute ta créativité !!!!! yes c’est bon continu !!!! Tu es une reine !!! Bisous

hélène December 5, 2012 at 4:11 pm #
    • Merci! C’est vrai que je me lache ces derniers temps…

Carole Levy December 5, 2012 at 7:44 pm #
  8. This is so powerful and so beautifully done! I am in awe of your talent and your wisdom! Bravo!

Aimée December 5, 2012 at 6:04 pm #
    • Thanks for supporting me to access to all of “that”…

Carole Levy December 6, 2012 at 7:56 am #
  9. Made me laugh AND also gave me chills. It’s a good combo 🙂

Bravo cherie for the blog and for the breakthroughs!

Filaree Radich December 6, 2012 at 2:36 pm #
  10. Carole, so good to connect with you and now through your blog. To riff on what Robin said, this very much reminds me of the core of Taoism—that to become whole we need to recognize our essential truth, and to be able to be broken in the process. The amazing aspect of your work is the brilliance of your visuals on top of the wisdom of your words. I also had to laugh because I volunteered to do a craft for the Halloween party and was dreading it, until a mother sent me a link to Pinterest.com. At first I wasn’t sure whether to hate this mother or love her (oh and she also works in a high power job AND organized the school party) but then I realized I could simply find the simplest, no frills project to do and bypassed all the insanity inducing crafts offered to drive working moms crazy. The result, a piece of string cheese was transformed into mummy fingers with very little effort! (the kids were actually looking at me, like “is that it?” we like this simplicity!) Thanks for sharing yourself and your art with your fellow travelers!

Laurel

Laurel O'Sullivan December 10, 2012 at 1:21 pm #
  11. How did I miss this one? So true, and obviously real men do not relate with what you are describing with such “verve” 🙂
    May be that’s what lead to your next post on reconciling the gender polarization?
    Haha…