The Solitude Crisis

1. Carole,

A profound message, simply conveyed….and funny too!! You’ve hit it.
    Robin

Robin December 2, 2011 at 9:22 am #
    • Thanks Robin. I struggled with this one because I recognize myself in ALL the characters and at the end, i wasn’t sure anymore about my main message. I believe in community but I love my freedom. I carry a gut feeling of loneliness but I can be selfish with my space and my needs… while enclosed in my despair! Got i? I hope the sequence speaks about all these tensions. Please, provide feedback!

Carole Levy December 2, 2011 at 9:28 am #
  2. Carole,

The owls portray how challenging it can be to be in community/satisfy the need to belong, while staying true to ones owl-self. I too see myself in each of these owls, and am acutely aware of the inner tensions that arise as a result (fear of being trapped, competition…etc.)

This simple comic is a metaphor for so many things in life, relationship, work teams, even political systems…What’s delightful is that in sharing the question, as you have in this way, I, for one, realize I’m not alone. That is the main message i took from this.

Robin December 2, 2011 at 11:23 am #
    • Hi sister, you got me!

Carole Levy December 2, 2011 at 6:00 pm #
  3. I’m just enjoying the pun about Joy and Lightness … Keep it up!

Ken K December 10, 2011 at 4:52 pm #
  4. I find it also an illustration of how we each create a little box for ourselves shaped by our beliefs that determine what we pay attention too and how we interpret stuff. There is a cost.

And by the way it occurs to me that it is much more intimidating to comment on a cartoon like (pressure to be deep?) that on the mistakes one, hence the difference in number of comments. What I’m trying to say is the number of comments do not necessary reflect the popularity of the drawing . You see what I mean?
    Love

mao December 11, 2011 at 8:03 am #
    • I see what you mean… Thanks mao!

Carole Levy December 11, 2011 at 11:09 pm #