House Crush

1. OOOOOOOOhhhhhh Carotte, I feel your pain on this one. You’ve captured in just a few illustrations the sometimes rough terrain of listening and following one’s inner voice deep down inside. And not only that, continuing to listen to that voice deep down inside. Fortunately, fulfillment has many forms and they’re not all centered on owning or not owning a house.

Ribs July 14, 2007 at 3:39 pm #
  2. Ah, I have had a house crush, too. A beautiful old house with 3 stories and 4 fireplaces and french doors and ….
    It was expensive but my husband wants me to be happy so we bought it.
    We bought when prices were at their highest, and when we moved to a new town prices had fallen, and we lost a lot of money. I loved that house while we lived there. Now we have a house I’m not in love with, but little by little we do things to make it more what we want, and I’m getting attached, and I feel lucky to have it. I think I am getting to the stage of my life when I no longer need to be in love with my house. Maybe I’m preparing to let go when I’m old.

Jenny July 14, 2007 at 6:35 pm #
  3. I love this new cartoon of the adventure of little Carotte.

On my side, I could say that the silver lining of buying a house is to discover that I could get closer to my husband DESPITE buying a house. Said differently, my back has been out 5 months out of the past 6 months…Increased costs seem to hide behind every corner…I feel guilty to not be a good mother to my daughter because I have too many decisions to make to be truly present for her…I am afraid that I made the wrong decision and will loose all of our savings and that I am responsible for that irresponsible mistake (I know, I tend to be rather dramatic…)
    Honey, buying a house is clearly a strategy to meet a need. I am still not sure what the need is. But I am searching!

Nathalie July 15, 2007 at 1:02 am #
  4. I really appreciate your thoughts about the large subject of falling in love… of an house, of course!

Carole Levy July 16, 2007 at 5:34 pm #
  5. Your creativity is only exceeded by your sophisticated sense of humor. Your work time would be well spent creating these cartoons full time, as you always seem to capture the heart and mind of “everyperson.”

joe July 16, 2007 at 5:48 pm #
  6. I connected with this cartoon in a number of ways. One being the observation that even when we can connect with the positive learnings from a situation (2nd to last cell), we still have the mind chatter pulling us in other directions (last cell).

John October 1, 2007 at 7:58 pm #
  7. I love it! Great message and such sweet touch. So very much like you. Keep them coming! 🙂

Nathan October 2, 2007 at 10:08 pm #
  8. “simple and priceless…we didn’t need to own in order to love and be happy” I love this message a lot carole. Sometimes we are too attached with what we want and forgot that to love is not always to have.

galleryfang September 16, 2008 at 8:29 am #